Sunday, February 25, 2007

I'm turning into a 'stitcher of smalls"!!!

Here it is...biscornu number two! This one is a motif form the Ackworth Motif book and I used Caron Watercolours in Bark and a really creamy uneven natural linen. It has a very open weave so the watercolours covered really nicely. Again I didn't button it because I didn't want to cover the design up AND I only decided to stitch it yesterday AND I didn't have a suitable button handy ha ha ha! Excuses excuses!

It's for a friend and I doubt she will look at my blog before she gets it so am happy to post a picture today!

I really like these things and I have a few large designs which would lend themselves to bigger versions of this, like REAL cushions!

Can you tell I'm a little distracted from my 'normal' stitching?

I've been making jewelry (SP) too. My dear mum's birthday is in a few weeks and I have started something special for her so will post a pic when that's done as she doesn't read my blog! I'm really happy with how it's moving along.

I'm also thinking about doing a class in polymer clay so I can learn how to make my own feature beads....that should be fun. Will certainly let you know how that goes and show you the results!!

1 comment:

Nicole & Phil said...

This looks great Tannia, great that you have found the stitching bug again! :)