Saturday, February 17, 2007

A brand new finishing blog and some interesting facts about mine!

If you're a finishing numpty (like me), wander over to a wonderful new blog set up by Anne and Karen "Focus on Finishing". Here, generous stitchers are giving up their time to bring it all together for those of us with limited skills in that area!!!

Today I am going try making a Biscornu from a free chart so graciously provided by Aurelle. I'll post a picture when done - I'm not sure which of the 14 freebies I will choose but they all look small and easy to complete...wish me luck! A Bisornu is a little pincushion-y thing.

I've also been taking a look at my stats to see where my vistors have been coming from, what you have been searching for on Google that led you to me and taking a look at where you all live :)

It seems Nigella's Ham Recipe has been very popular around the world, because I've had vistors from the UK, India, Switzerland and all over the US looking for that - I hope the story was useful for you! It really was a great feast!

Stitchers have been searching for:

  • Sew To Be Seen Designs -I've completed just one - Maiden's Walk, but I own nearly all of Judy's Sew To Be Seen designs;
  • M-Designs Celtic Heart (I've stitched this several times!);
  • Bargello Fantasy -I'm lucky enough to own this very hard to find chart, but I've not stitched it yet;
  • Bargello - a lovely technique and I'm very partial to how Victoria Sampler uses this one in some of their sampler designs;
  • Genny Morrow's Nova - again I own it but it's not started
As for visitors, you've visted me from:

  • In Australia, Victoria, The ACT, South Australia, Western Australia, Queensland (where are the Tasmanians and Northern Territorians????)
  • The UK
  • The Netherlands
  • United Arab Emirates (hi Mel!)
  • In the US, North Carolina, California, Massachusetts, Atlanta, New York, Virgina, Arizona, Illinois, Kentucky, Ohio, New Jersey( I think I should aim for all states to have visted me before the end of the year!)
  • Cyprus
  • India
  • Korea
  • Turkey
  • Canada
  • New Zealand
  • Japan
  • Greece
  • China
  • Afghanistan
  • Brazil

Edited to add

  • Italy
  • Singapore
  • Mexico

I also note that some of you have visted my other blogs too! I've been a bit slack on the wine blog - not that I haven't been partaking, but I've been very lax in writing about my wine lately - a shortness of time mostly. My music blog will become busier too and if you have a question about Aussie music feel free to ask me there!

Wow - that makes me feel sensational to think that people from all over the world have taken a minute to vist me :) Thanks! I hope you enjoyed your visit and please leave a comment and let me know if you have a blog I can visit too!

Have a great Saturday!




1 comment:

Carol said...

Biscornus are easy - you should have no problems at all!