Friday, June 11, 2004

Yipppeeee!  Today I am starting an extra long weekend.   It's the "Queen's Birthday long weekend Monday so I decided to take Friday off as well!  Hooray for flextime!
 
After I have finished my domestic drudgery, I am going to sit myself down with a hot chocolate and my "Sew To be Seen" model "Maiden's Walk" (MW).  I sooo want to get this done in two weeks so I can take it to Sydney with me for the 'owner'!  It's hardanger so I have to take scissors to a perfectly good bit of embroidery and I am not looking forward to this one!  It's my first hardanger model and I want it to be perfect!
 
My stitching plan for the next few weeks is to finish MW and also another model of Maria Van Sharrenberg's "Night" which I would say is at about 85%.  I have really enjoyed this one - MvS uses colour really well and the combination of single thread and double thread really makes the design! 
 
After my 'committed' stitching I have one or two (or ten) things that I want to get finished....I have decided that for every three finishes I can start something new....
 
My list of WIPS is as follows
 
Sew To Be Seen - Maiden's Walk (75%)
MvS - Night (85%)
Butternut Road -  Celtic Banner (40%)
Mirabilia - Shimmering Mermaid (10%)
Lavender & Lace - Angel of the Sea (30%)
Teresa Wentzler - Celestial Dragon (20%)
Magazine Design - A Sun burnt Country (50%)
Graeme Ross - Cominos House (x 2 - don't ask!!!) (40 and 60%)
Emie Bishop - Peace Sampler (50%)
Indigo Rose - My Son (90%)
Teresa Wentzler - Castle Sampler (65%)
 
On the list of "possible starts" are....
 
Drawn Thread Toccata 1 AND 2
Drawn Thread An Open Heart
Homespun Sampler Celtic Band Sampler
Sew to be Seen - Antique Fancy
Sew to be Seen - Silent Thoughts
Indigo Rose - Millennium
Leon Conrad - Medieval Majesty
Laura J Perin - Heap of stuff that I want to buy!!!!!
 
But the list goes on!!!!
 
Anyhow did I mention that I finished a needlepoint project last week - actually started it last week as well - will post a piccie as soon as I get it back from the framers!
 
Have a great long weekend!
 
Tannia
 

No comments: