Monday, June 21, 2004

A Bonus Day Off!

Today my precious Littlest Household Member (LHM) was off school sick with a sore throat and barking like a circus seal - poor darling! So he and I had a bonus long weekend....much to the delight of my staff I suspect! While the LHM stayed in bed till around 11.00 am and spent the next couple of hours watching Star Wars movies, I finished the knitting previously mentioned and actually stitched for a while on Maiden's Walk! Yay Me! I didn't even feel remotely guilty about not being at work.

The Maiden's Walk chart calls for silks, but the shop owner has requested it stitched in the DMC alternative and I have to say the satin stitched motifs are not covering well in 2 threads, but three threads looks yuckier! What to do? I have stitched them in three and frogged, and stitched them in two and the coverage is not good.....I'm not happy but will wait and see what the owner thinks!

Tonight the best season for stitching starts!!! Wimbledon! Yes, this English Tennis Tournament means I will get mountains of stitching done as I try and keep myself awake for hours on end watching little green balls getting thumped around a tennis court by nicely shaped young men in white!!! (oh and of course there are women too!!!) The funniest thing is, that I am not really an tennis nut, I just like Wimbledon for some reason. Perhaps its the effect it has on my stitching output.

I am off to Canberra on Friday - to take the LHM to see his Dad. While I am up that way I intend to nick up to Sydney for the Stitches and Craft Show at darling harbour and meet up with a couple of Sydney girls.....spend some money...and head back down to Canberra on Sunday night. A fleeting trip but should be fun! I have a course to do for work on Monday morning which is excellent, as it means that work will pay for my travel...a bonus to spend at the Show :)

LHM will stay with dad for two weeks, I will drive back on Tuesday and LHM will fly back later. This means I have almost two whole weeks child-free which is an absolute God send! Doesn't mean my social life will be any better, but it does mean that if I wanted to go out - I can! This will not happen though I am renowned for being a homebody!

I am hoping *crossing fingers, toes, eyes and everything* that a friend who is visiting the US will be able to procure for me Genny Morrow's "Nova"! I am soooo in love with this chart! I want it! I will stitch it! I MUST have it! I am having a torrid affair with needlepoint at the moment! I do hope my other stitching doesn't get jealous!

Anyhow.....back to work tomorrow where every second staff member will be bleary-eyed from watching the opening round of the tennis! I believe our boy Lleyton Hewitt is up first!!!

Aussie!!!! Aussie!!!! Aussie!!!!

Tannia


No comments: