Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Monday Mayhem and Music

Hmmmph! So much for stitching all day Monday - didn't even pick up a needle...!

By the time I had picked up the Littlest Household Member (LHM) from his sleepover, visited a friend, had lunch, waited till the huge rainstorm passed and got home, all I had time to do was frog everything I had done the night before on the Maiden's Walk model!

Bugger!

Two more days and I pick up a heap of stuff at the framers. Three pieces of stitching (one is not mine) and three pictures from a fantastic Calendar I got from Israeli Airways. All the pictures were drawn by children and they're really lovely and colourful. I had a picture of Jerusalem framed for my only Jewish friend for her birthday - it's lovely! The other two are for my bedroom - really bright and colourful...I can't wait to hang them. Will post pics of the framing after Saturday! Stay tuned!

One of the needlework pieces is the needlepoint you can see a picture of below and another is a little sampler I did for another friend for her birthday last year and I am getting it framed for her this year *chuckle*. Am I the only person to have done this?

Anyhow this week so far has been a little more forgiving! Re-stitched what I frogged and accomplished a little more...right on target for handing it over to its owner in two weeks...that's the plan.

I got a bargain today on the electronic notice board at work - a 15-speed mountain bike (like new) for the LHM for the miserly sum of $50! Too cool - now we can ride together - or we will be able to once the weather fines up again! Can't wait! I really miss cycling and doing these kinds of things together.

So to the music part of this post.......Got the new Joss Stone CD today! Wow! What an awesome set of lungs on such a young girl! If you're into 'soul' then you have to give this one a hearing. My favourite after the first taste is "Dirty Man". I love it! I really am a sucker for a great song and a fabulous voice!

Two more days to the weekend - thank goodness - this weekend I really AM going to stitch lots....House is beautiful, weather will be freezing, no better climate for stitching I think!

Happy stitching!

Tannia

No comments: