Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Current state of MY stitching nation!

I thought I should update the current state of my WIP pile!

A couple of things are missing from my post (a whole year ago almost) so that is good - but there are a couple of really tough hangers on that I really want to get rid of!

Firstly - My Country - the sampler I am doing for my dad, Fair dinkum this has got to be the WORST chart I have ever worked from - hand drawn, terrible instructions for the specialty stitches, the model isn't what's shown in the chart, etc.....very poorly drawn, I really want to get this done and off my plate by the end of August......wish me luck! I have managed 20 hours in April and at least 20 hours each month till August should see it done! The over one lettering is KILLING ME!

Secondly, the MvS "Night" that I have been so slack and not worked on in months! It's for my local LNS and I really have to get it done - so close to finished it's not funny. I am hoping to get that done for my May finish and in a perfect world I would get dad's finished in June - not bloody likely! but this is MY dream!

Other things in my WIP pile are:

2 x Cominos House (STILL)
1 x Lavender and Lace - Angel of the Sea (no progress for months)
1 x Mirabilia - Shimmering Mermaid (can't even really call this a serious start)
1 x TW - Celestial Dragon (no progress for months either)
1 x Butternut Road - Celtic Banner (about 50% done)
1 x Emie Bishop - Peace Sampler (just the alphabet to go)
1 x TW - Castle Sampler (about 60%, but no stitches in the last 6 months)
1 x piece of Assisi from a magazine

So that's 11.

I also had a sampler that I just KNEW I wouldn't finish so I passed that on to someone I knew would stitch it! (thanks Julie) And there was an over one on 28 count piece from a Jill Oxton Magazine which I just can't bring myself to stitch any more - it's after a painting of a girl with a water dish - Circe I think it's called and for some reason the girl's legs just look too long and it bugs me - I was going to take a piece out of the chart to make her legs more proportionate but I haven't so I decided to retire that one too. Sometimes you just have to do that!

Okies, I think that's it......but I might be wrong. I have fought the urge to start anything new (hee hee the one I started AND finished at the weekend doesn't count as there is no lingering evidence) although I have several really gorgeous reproduction samplers I really want to start! The Permin 1663 Sampler, the FR Spanish Sampler and the 1808 Spanish Sampler. Also high on the list are the Indigo Rose charts I listed yesterday and a few other samplers as well.

I also have a HUGE list of Sew To Be Seen designs I want to stitch as well :) One for my parents' 40th Wedding anniversary (which I wont list here as mum might accidentally read it!), and one for my grandma's 90th birthday next February.......with all that said....I better get cracking!

I am on a bit of a sampler bender at the moment :)

No comments: