Saturday, July 10, 2004

Wacky Week

I have had a fairly weird week.  Work has been "weird", personal life has been "weird", love life even weirder (but I wont get into that here)!   I feel a bit like I am sitting on the outside watching what's going on in my life and I have no control....all kinds of things happening that I don't like but there's not much I can do!  Hmmmm.....all I can say is....weird!  Ever have a week like that?
 
Stitching wise, I am working on the Fairy (MvS' Night) it's so close to being done but it seems like every two or three stitches I have to change colours so it's not moving along as fast as I had hoped.  I had wanted to finish her this week -  but that's not going to happen. Maiden's walk is having her cut threads removed and I am terrified that the last thread I cut will be wrong or something horrible like that - so as all the good books all say I am counting three times, cutting once!  Hopefully it will be fine.
 
I was so tempted last night to start something new...but I was strong...I resisted...went to bed instead (actually come to think of it this morning, it was pretty weak of me really).  I know if I had stayed up I would have started....DT's An Open Heart, or Sew to Be Seen's Silent Thoughts, or Antique Fancy, or one of a dozen things I have kitted up already...but I just want to get these two models finished before I start anything new!
 
I have been bidding on a few things on Ebay...unsuccessfully...bummer although I did win a lovely beaded pincushion for $10 (AU).  It arrived this week and is lovely although I thought in the picture it looked more purple, but it is actually quite pink.  I also won a collection of needlework/craft books and I am looking forward to them arriving this week.  Some good ones amongst them, some I am not interested in but I might be swayed.
 
The LHM comes home today after spending two weeks with his Dad in Sydney.  I have missed him, but he told me last night he didn't want to come home...*sigh*.  I am sure he will settle in at home ok.
 
Apologies for not posting for a while, things have been getting away from me.
 
 
 
 

No comments: