Monday, September 19, 2005


Here it is! Day one progress on Drawn Thread's An Open Heart. I am using Legacy Linen in Cafe Au Lait and it is gorgeous to stitch on, a beautiful hand feel. I am also using the recommedned Needlepoint Inc silks so this is a real luxury project.

It took much consternation and many visits to the fabric calculator at Dragonflydreams before I cut my fabric for it. I counted, re counted and then counted again to ensure I started in the right place, and I managed motifs 1-7 last night. I've had this chart for a long time and I never really looked at it to see just how much WORK it is :) The colours also look much nicer in real life than in the chart photo.

This was really nice stitching time for me. I have a couple of days off work so will focus on this for these two days as then it will probably be only Sundays that I get to work on this one.


I have heard from Carol this morning and had a look at her progress and we look like we're making a similar rate :) Kaz is busy this week with guests...I'm sure we will hear from her soon ;)

I'm off to walk my pooch who is feeling a little neglected lately - the weather has been atrocious so she hasn't been getting her two walks a day....

6 comments:

Anne S said...

Thanks for your comment in my blog ... your Open Heart is looking great already! I took a look at the full chart, and you have your hands full with this one LOL. Your My Son looks absolutely fantastic too - you have some gorgeous stitching! BTW, you wouldn't be the 'Tannia' that I sent a TW chart to a few years ago would you?? I used to live in Auckland, NZ ... I've added your blog to my list so I can keep checking your progress on Open Heart :-)

Nicole & Phil said...

How is this stitching coming along? I am looking forward to seeing an updated photo soon!!! :)

Nicole & Phil said...

when can we see a update picture Tannia??

Carol said...

Hi Tannia - are you still busily stitching An Open Heart? I feel so lost in this SAL - no contact with you and Karen about this sampler leaves me a bit unmotivated. I worked on it for a bit today though. How is your progress?

Trish said...

Open Heart is so lovely! Good luck with it!

Hugs

Trish

Carol said...

Hi Tannia - just wondering where you went to? Did you ever finish AOH? I didn't :-( I got bored with it, but hope to get back to it soon... Karen's looks stunning!